Root OnePlus 7T: OnePlus 7T is currently the most popular smartphone from the brand, OnePlus in the market. There is a lot of reason behind its popularity. For instance, the device has some really powerful internals, great cameras and battery for an affordable price. Now, a lot of users likes to step up their customization game and get the most out of their device. This is where Rooting your device comes into play. Rooting your OnePlus 7T will open the doors of customizations and other options for your device.
Modding, Hacking, Changing Stock Tunes, Removing bloatware are just a few to name. Now, if you are looking for How to Root OnePlus 7T, then you are on the right page. Today, in this post, we would be covering How to Root your OnePlus 7T and Install TWRP Recovery on the same.
How to Root OnePlus 7T
Now, before we get straight to how to root your OnePlus 7T, let us actually quickly take a look at the pre-requisites which you’ll need in order to root your OnePlus 7T.
Here is a list of things which you will be needing:
- An Active Internet Connection
- ADB and Fastboot Drivers should be installed on your PC.
- Your OnePlus 7T (this guide won’t work for any other smartphone).
- A USB Cable.
- The bootloader of your device should be unlocked.
Once you have the above pre-requisites, you are all set to install TWRP Recovery on your OnePlus 7T. So let us actually take a look at the steps for the same.
Related: How to Root OnePlus 7 Pro
How to install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 7T
Here are the steps which you need to follow in order to install TWRP Recovery on your Android Device:
- First of all, you need to enable USB Debugging and Advanced Reboot on your OnePlus 7T. To do so, you need to go to the Settings >> About Phone >> tap Build Number 7 times to unlock Developer Options.
- Once done, enable USB Debugging and Advanced Reboot from Settings >> Developer Options.
- Now, you need to download the latest version of TWRP Recovery for OnePlus 7T from here.
- Once downloaded, boot your OnePlus 7T into the bootloader mode. You can do so by holding down the Power Key and tapping on the Bootloader option.
- Now, connect your OnePlus 7T to your Windows PC via a USB Cable.
- Once connected, press Shift + Right Click anywhere on an empty space and select Open Command Prompt Window here option.
- Now, type in fastboot flash recovery and drag the downloaded TWRP image file into the Command Prompt window.
- Once done, simply hit the Enter key and wait for the flashing process to get completed.
- After the process completes, type in fastboot reboot and hit the Enter key to reboot your Android Device.
That’s it! You have successfully flashed TWRP on your OnePlus 7T smartphone. Let us now take a look at How to Root your OnePlus 7T.
Related: How to Root OnePlus 6T
How to Root OnePlus 7T
Here are the steps which you need to follow in order to root your OnePlus 7T:
- First of all, you need to make sure that you have installed TWRP Recovery on your OnePlus 7T.
- Now, download the latest version of Magisk.zip from here.
- Once downloaded, boot your device into the Recovery Mode. To do so, hold down the Power key and tap on the Recovery option.
- In the TWRP Recovery Mode, tap on the Install button.
- Now, select the Magisk file which you just downloaded on your OnePlus 7T.
- Swipe the button to confirm the flash.
- Wait for the flashing process to get completed.
- Once done, simply tap on Reboot System button to reboot your device.
That’s it! You have successfully rooted your OnePlus 7T Android Device. Pretty easy, No?
So, guys, this was our post on How to Root OnePlus 7T and Install TWRP Recovery. We hope that this guide helped you in rooting your device. If, in case, you have stuck somewhere between the steps or had any questions related to the topic, then feel free to leave them in the comments section down below.