Fix OnePlus Fingerprint Not Working: Though OnePlus 7, 7 Pro and 7T are the latest launchings of the OnePlus with various excellent features, still some users have reported that their fingerprint scanner is not perfectly matching with their expectations. It is quite slow in recognizing their print and sometimes generates erroneous and false readings. Some of the users found their phone off when putting inside the pocket. This guide will allow you to fix OnePlus 6, 6T, 7, 7 Pro and 7T fingerprint not working problems.
OnePlus 7 Pro has a massively upgraded in-display fingerprint sensor than the previous OnePlus 6T. It is one-third times larger than older OnePlus phones and relatively faster in registering your fingerprint. This unique under-screen fingerprint sensor captures the image of your fingerprint through the screen.
Table of Contents
How to Fix Fingerprint Not Working on OnePlus 6T, 7, 7 Pro and 7T
You can use some simple and easy tricks to fix the fingerprint not working issue in OnePlus 6, 6T, 7, 7 Pro and 7T and make it faster, accurate and actively working.
1. Use Ambient Display
The Ambient display of Oxygen OS in OnePlus provides you an easy and fast access to your fingerprint sensor so you can simply unlock your phone. If you have an ON Ambient display screen, you can anytime unlock your phone without turning on its light.
Also Read: Best Stremio Addons
To ON your Ambient Display
- Move to the Setting on your phone
- Go to the Ambient display settings
- Turn on the both ‘Pick up your phone to show’ and ‘Tap your screen to show’ options.
- It will activate your Ambient display for better access.
Since you don’t need to light up your screen each time when you want to use your phone. As you touch the screen your fingerprint sensor recognized you and unlock the screen directly. If someone else is trying to unlock your phone, the screen will glow as he will tap on it and he would unlock it by drawing the right pattern.
Also Read: How to Fix OnePlus WiFi Problems
2. Remove and Re-add Your Fingerprint
After activating the Ambient display, if you are still troubling to unlock your phone using fingerprint scanner you should remove all prints of your fingers saved previously. After clearing the setting re-print or add again the new prints of your fingers carefully. Have patience and print your finger impression carefully including all the ages. Take the proper time to fix the impressions.
To Remove Your Previous Fingerprints
- Head to the Settings and open its menu.
- Tap on to the Security & lock-screen.
- Touch the Fingerprint option and it will ask you to confirm your password or PIN or Pattern, you had set earlier to unlock your phone.
- After confirming the details you will see the trash icon next to each finger you have printed before. Click on this icon and confirm the remove Finger option.
By following the same you can delete all fingerprint settings to the normal. Now enroll your finger impressions again by holding your phone the same way as you hold it in your normal daily operations. Use all the angles and directions to put your finger to install a clear and complete print of your finger. When all set, save it. Repeat the same process and save three settings of your same thumb or finger.
3. Improve OnePlus 6T, 7, 7 Pro and 7T Fingerprint Recognition
After completely saving your foremost using finger three times, now it is the time to check for the best-registered finger and save it for the further use. OnePlus 6T, 7, 7 Pro and 7T have software feature which tells you which one among the three registered prints is the best. To do so
- Go to the Settings menu -> Tap on to the Display & lock-screen settings -> Fingerprint
- Here you will see an option Check added fingerprints. Tap on to that.
- After scanning your finger again check for which of the previously saved prints it matches the most.
- While taping on Recognizes most you will get the answer as fingerprint 1 or 2 or 3.
After getting your best scan you may delete the remaining two.
4. Remove the Screen Guard and Add your Fingerprint
When setting your fingerprint, it is best to remove your OnePlus 7 or OnePlus 7 Pro screen protector. A scratched and dented screen protector is not so great. It gives a blurred or corrupted image of your fingerprint to the fingerprint sensor. Using an unclear print for unlocking your screen is not a worthy choice. Thus before setting fingerprint screen unlocking print take off the screen guard first, then move for further process.
5. Choose an Average Lit-room for Your Fingerprint Setting
The fingerprint scanner in your OnePlus 7 Pro and 7T, first lights up your finger and then take its picture and match with the saved one for the identification. Most of the time in dark or night timings the fingerprint unlocking does not work properly as it feels lack of light and unable to take a clear picture of your finger on the screen. So it is to be concerned when setting your fingerprint use an average lit-room to get its proper functioning in the night or low light too.
The specialty of OnePlus 7 Pro and 7T fingerprint scanner is that you can adjust your finger position by using fingerprint animation option. If you don’t want to use it you can simply disable it. The more you use the fingerprint scanner the more it learns about the impression of your finger and its edges. Over time, it becomes more sharp and fast. So when you first set your OnePlus phone for fingerprint scanner settings, keep these tiny things in mind and enjoy hassle-free access of your phone anytime.